Monday, August 01, 2005

Meet The Grandparents

Choose A Natural High

I had a conversation with my grandpa, a few days ago, about school and my plans for the future. He was excited to hear about what I’ve been up to and eager to offer advice. My grandpa: “Well Robert, you’re very close to being done with school. Now don’t let drugs interfere with accomplishing your goals. Stay away from those drugs, Robert.”
“Haha! Are you serious?”
“Yes. Those drugs… they scare me! But… I guess you’ve outgrown the ‘drug age.’”
“I’ve never used drugs, Papa! And I don’t plan on starting.”
(My grandpa gives me this look like: Yeah right, you’ve never used drugs) “I know you haven’t, Robert. I’m sure you’ll be fine.”


Grandma’s Baby Boy

One thing that I have to get use to, when I come home from school, is letting my grandma spoil me. I frequently go to her house to eat pizza on my lunch breaks, which are always choice meals. A couple of days ago I called her and said: “I don’t work tomorrow, but would it be okay if I came over for lunch?” Nanny: “Why sure honey— you know you’re welcome anytime!” I went to my grandma’s the next day expecting to eat pizza, only to find that she had prepared me a steak that weighed well over a pound. I was psyched, to say the least. On top of that, her refrigerator is fully stocked with Coca-Cola Classic. As I opened my Coke, my grandma handed me a “bendy straw” and said: “These are new straws-- they have a monkey on their box! I got them because I know how you love monkeys.” So cute! My grandma is too good to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

a few years ago, my grandmother, after learning that i had aquired a boyfriend, sent her regards thus: "tell that boy to be careful because you're precious cargo. if he ever hurts you, i'll send some thugs after him."
not quite as adorable as monkey bendy straws, but threatening mob action on my account has it's appeal.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home