Sunday, July 31, 2005

Pointless...

This past Friday, after days of pestering and two missed appointments, my sister Courtney finally gave me a haircut. I asked for "the usual" and let her do her thing. I was so engrossed by the issue of RollingStone that I was reading, that I didn't realize that she had trimmed my point completely off. Sadly, what remains is a Fashion Hawk... something far inferior to what I wanted. For fans of "the point," don't worry... I will grow one out by the next time I see you (sorry Meg, I didn't have the heart to tell you on the phone). The lesson to be learned: hair (especially a super sweet point) is far more important than a two-month old article about Beck.


Country Time

From time to time I like to go on drives through the country. Not because I like the smell of dairies, but because I love the beautiful scenery. Ordinarily, the views are not that attractive. But after purchasing some bomb sunglasses for $5 at a Kwik-E-Mart, I've been able to see the world through another lens (or lenses). These sunglasses have orange lenses and make everything look criz-azy. Colors are so vivid and everything around me looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie. Yesterday happened to be a particularly beautiful day. The sky way blue (and not grey) for once and we actually had clouds. So I put on some ethereal music and took a nice drive through the country. The green of the cornfields seemed to pop out at me and looked so beautiful against the blue and white sky. My drive was one of the most beautiful and surreal experiences I've ever had. The lesson to be learned: sunglasses are much cheaper than hallucinogens, but yield the same results.


Shake Them Haters Off!

Last night I felt compelled to put on one of the five bike-racing shirts that I recently scored at a thrift shop (for a dollar each). Inspired by the tight-fitting shirt, I grabbed a bike and decided to race it through town. The shirt conveniently has two pockets located on the lower back. One held my iPod and the other held a bottle of water. As I enjoyed my bike ride, I heard someone yell "Hey Fruit!". The lesson to be learned: don't let the haters get to you. People who drive are jealous of the privileged people who ride bikes.


A Righteous B

For dinner, my mom brought home the biggest burrito that I've ever seen. It really hit the spot after a draining bike ride. Lesson to be learned: burritos are to be eaten and not thrown out of car windows.


Cute As A Button

Thanks to Miss Grace Dirkes, my sister Hannah is now sporting some choice button bracelets. Last night an old lady walked up to her and said: "Can I see those bracelets? Oh, buttons! I'm fascinated by buttons. Wow! (awkward period of staring at the bracelets) Wow, buttons are so fascinating!" Lesson to be learned: buttons are the preferred BLING on the elderly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home