Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Not stubble, not yet a mustache...

So much has happened since my last entry. Now, I am almost to the point where I can say I have a mustache. Some would say that having a mustache is nothing to brag about, but for me it’s an accomplishment. Guys, think back to when you were a young boy. For most of us, the person we most wanted to be like was our father. Maybe it was his strength, his confidence, or his athleticism. For me, I wanted my dad’s thick impressive mustache. For my whole life my dad has had a mustache, and for that entire time I coveted it. So now, in imitation of Donald Sr., I’m striving to have a stache as fine as Tom Selleck’s. My day will come.

In other news, Ninjas are totally AWESOME. Don't believe me, see for yourself: http://www.realultimatepower.net/

Since I (presumably) peeked your interest by saying that a lot has happened since my last entry, I will cruelly withhold those details for a later blog. Instead, I will make a few CD recommendations for your consideration.

The HoTTness:

1. The String Quartet – "A Tribute to Dashboard Confessional": This disc is comprised of ten popular Dashboard Confessional songs transcribed and performed by a string quartet. For fans of DC, this CD is truly a gem. Even without lyrics, these catchy tunes will remind you why you fell in love with the songs in the first place.

2. Damien Rice – "O": Gorgeous folk music. Rice, who is well known in the Indie world, is beginning to gain much deserved attention on the mainstream level. I first heard this CD in early April and listened to it nonstop for an entire week, with enumerable listens throughout that month. "O" is simple, beautiful, and moving.

3. Lali Puna – "Faking The Books": This disc has the potential to bring vastly different groups together in a way reminiscent of Outkast. In this case, I’m not talking about black and white people but instead, Indie Hipsters and Mainstreamers. Wielding a scope of influence and sound comparable to The Postal Service, Lali Puna will be enjoyed by many listeners. Not to minimalize Lali Puna’s sound, but to make a general description of it, Faking The Books sounds much like The Postal Service with female vocals resembling and rivaling Frou Frou.

Peace up; A-Town down!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i fully concur with your assessment of O. It thrills me beyond reason. The song where it builds and builds until it can't take it anymore and there just has to be a woman singing opera...what?!?! that's crazy wonderful. it's a really marvelous thing, that c.d. and it makes me cry and sing loudly. sometimes all at once.

5:44 AM  
Blogger yoyoyoy said...

If you never update your blog, the world will be a sadder place. It has been far too long and you should be posting everyday for my general amusement. Even if you do have a ton of reading for grad school you can work it in between that and playing frisbee golf. I tried to call you the day you called me but your phone was off so I guess we will just communicate via blogs forever... or I will just try and call you again soon. Keep it real on the flip side homey, A-town down.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home