Monday, March 28, 2005

4 out of 5 dentists prefer this blog

It has been a few days since my last entry and a lot of things have been floating around in my head. First, imagine you are in your dorm bathroom, if you will. As you walk to the sink, and begin to turn the water on, you accidentally knock someone else's toothbrush on the ground. What do you do now? Think quickly! The correct answer: throw the toothbrush in the trash! Though this is the correct course of action, the overwhelming response I receive to this question is to simply rinse the toothbrush off and put it back in its original location. A nice thought... or is it? Imagine every person on your floor walking through your mouth, along with all the gross stuff that has accumulated on both their shoes and bare feet... and throw in a little fecal bacteria... it's a little something like that. Think about that, all you sickos who thought rinsing was an appropriate solution to a dropped toothbrush.

Moving on. This is the personal part of the blog. While this section may be a little boring, it is an attempt to share about myself. From the time I was in junior high until now, I have always been so tired (or lazy) at night, that I go to sleep in whatever I was wearing that day. That's right, I sleep in jeans 90% of the time. You may be saying: "sleeping in jeans sounds uncomfortable." But I put forth this argument: does eating rice for every meal sound appetizing? Probably not. But it's hard for my Asian friends to go one meal without eating rice. The point: when you are raised with a habitual behavior, you are socialized to like or prefer it. Thus, my ideal and preferred pajamas are jeans and a polo shirt. Odd (and random), but true. So that was a little glimpse in my head and an attempt at rationalizing my lack of bedtime preparation.

There are many more thoughts still floating around... but for the sake of length, and so that I can go eat at the fine dining establishment known as Spankies... I will end here.

Much love!

2 Comments:

Blogger "M" said...

robert-
its really great that there still exist people in the world with some sense of bathroom etiquitte. it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. your blog is great!
the a/v princess, amanda :)
ps- i slept in the same shirt i wore yesterday. its all good kid.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the issue with throwing away the tooth brush is that then the person doesn't have a toothbrush. and nobody wants to actually buy a toothbrush. you want to use the one your dentist gives you until the bristles get stuck in your teeth. i'm with dan. i use a toothbrush i've dropped on the floor. i've heard the 3 second rule is a true scientific fact. and another thing, i've read that even having it in the bathroom makes it susceptible to toilet germs. i just chalk up my nasty behavior to strengthening my immune system. i don't get sick much. and that's the truth.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home